No fire here we are safe :)
A lot of people are asking how we are all doing. WE ARE SAFE AND SOUND and STILL HOSTING GUESTS :) THANKS FOR ASKING
The media probably make it sound like we are all burning here - remember it is a big country. At Myella we are experiencing:
1. Normal summer heat but a bit more wind than usual
2. Less than average rainfall - so we are in drought the worst one I (Lyn) remember. No rain is good weather for tourists bad weather for farmers - We have many systems in place so we have enough water for the animals, and the pool and showers etc.
3. There is no smoke in the air - but we have seen it some in December.
4. For our safety we always keep trees away from the house
5. We always keep a lawn around the house and keep it tidy
6. We have fire safety equipment ready - ie tractor with a blade, 2 way radio's , 1000L water pod with 2 hoses and a water pump and rakes and bags etc.
6. We have a fire break around the farm
7. We stay home and keep alert
8. We are still hosting guests and still having a great time :)
This is Australia
Myella is a magical place where you can get up close to the nature, the animals and the people who live here. Myella is a beef cattle farm and our family have lived in the area for more than 100 years.
If the dates you want to book appear unavailable, please enquire via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our farm stay began after we met some overseas travellers and invited them to visit. Since our humble beginnings in 1993, we have enjoyed learning whilst sharing our lifestyle. We have also developed facilities like a swimming pool and air-conditioned rooms with private bathrooms so our guests are comfortable.
Packages Tailored To Suit Your Needs
A Genuine Australian Farm Experience
Myella Farm Stay is a genuine beef cattle farm 1040 hectares (2600 acres) near Rockhampton. Come to Myella get involved with every day farm life.
1 DAY & 2 NIGHTS ALL INCLUSIVE
MYELLA SELF DRIVE PACKAGE
1/2 Day Horse Ride Tour
1/2 Day Farm Experiences Tour
2x Nights Accommodation
* Camping options are also available
Message From Lyn and Carl
"Our home is a unique and exciting place and we are proud to share our world with others. So come, share a meal, taste home grown ingredients, crack a whip, tour the farm, feed the animals and chat to our parrots - they will even talk back!"
You are welcome to stay and volunteer as a cleaner.
In return we will supply:
Are you Interested in joining our team?
Please complete the Volunteering Work Application in the CONTACT US section of this website and send your answers to email@example.com.
Thanks and good luck,
Lyn and Carl.
If the dates you want appear unavailable enquire via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
ADDRESS: 1591 Baralaba Rannes Road
Kokotungo Queensland Australia 4702
15 minutes drive from Baralaba
2 hours drive from the Coast