Map and Directions
When using a GPS navigation system:
- Be aware old mapping versions may be incorrect
- Set the GPS for sealed roads only
- Take a screen shot of the maps below in case the internet drops out on the way here
- Use the address: 1591 Baralaba Rannes Road Kokotungo
Avoid Unsealed Roads
The roads to Myella are good, however if your GPS navigation settings are not set correctly you may find yourself on a dirt road unnecessarily. The only exception is if you are coming the shortest route from Carnarvon Gorge then there is a section of dirt road.
Below is the way we would travel from Carnarvon Gorge, there is some dirt / unsealed between Bauhinia Downs and Woorabinda.
All Bitumen to the Front Gate then 600m of Good Dirt Road to the Homestead
Directions via sealed roads to Myella...
From Rockhampton via Leichhardt Highway
1. Travel through Mt Morgan, Dululu, Wowan
2. Then travel 29km and turn right towards Baralaba
3. Myella is 18km down this road
4. The entrance of Myella farm is marked by a white horse mailbox!
5. ADDRESS: 1591 Baralaba Rannes Road Kokotungo
From South i.e Biloela / Gladstone / Brisbane
1. Either travel the inland or coast route to Biloela
2. Myella is 1hr drive from Biloela
3. Leave Biloela on the road in the direction of Rockhampton
4. Travel 29km to Jambin & continue travel 8km & turn left towards Goovigen
5. Travel 7km and turn right towards Rannes
6. Travel 1km and turn left towards Rannes
7. Travel 19km at the T-intersection turn left
8. Travel 3km then right
9. Travel 18km the Myella mail box is a strange looking white horse!
10. ADDRESS: 1591 Baralaba Rannes Road Kokotungo
NOTE: The short cut is down the Kilburnie Argoon Road saves 20 mins
From North or West i.e. Carnarvon Gorge / Emerald / Mackay / Airlie Beach
1. Travel towards Woorabinda (but don't enter the town it's an aboriginal community with strict laws banning alcohol in vehicles
2. From the Woorabinda turn off, travel 36kms
3. Turn right across the bridge and into the town of Baralaba
(this bend in the road is not marked on this map)
4. Turn between the pub and the ambulance station onto the Baralaba Rannes Road and travel 16km
5. The white horse is the Myella Farm mailbox is on the left.
6. ADDRESS: 1591 Baralaba Rannes Road Kokotungo
Driving time from Myella to...
Rockhampton 11/2 hours
Hervey Bay 5 hours
Rainbow Beach 7 hours
Airlie Beach 6.5 hours
Brisbane 7 hours
Woorabinda 45 minutes
Yeppoon 2 hours
Agnes Waters 3 hours
Carnarvon Gorge 3.7 hours
Kokotungo 5 minutes
Baralaba 15 minutes
Rannes 25 minutes
Eungulla 5.5 hours