Warning! The pictures below contain images of children without technology.
Something for Everyone
Relax knowing the kids are safe and happy. Connect with nature and see your kids shine and grow in confidence. You may be surprised when you learn the favourite activity of each family member.
Make lasting memories whilst you stay on our authentic cattle farm. We comply with social distancing rules however we continue to have the special Myella atmosphere! Meal times are electronic device free - there is often a penalty of 10 push-ups if you use your phone while someone is still eating.
The blog below explains the experience well. When you exit this blog please BACK ARROW in your browser so you'll return to this site.
Customised Family Rides
Customised family rides can be booked to accommodate those with children less than 6 years of age. There is more detail at the bottom of this page.
Horse Riding Over 6 Years
Families with children aged 6 years and over enjoy the ½ Day Horse Ride Tour. See your children ride independently on the trail ride. See details about the horse riding at the bottom of this page.
Real Life Experiences
Myella has a natural way of teaching through real life experiences:
Bring your own bicycles as there are some great places to ride. The shortest track is a safe 200 m loop that is very close to the camping area and accommodation.
Kids sleep well after busy days on the farm and in the swimming pool.
Fun for Young and Old
Grandparents are most welcome. Access to the accommodation, dining area and many of the farm experiences is quite easy for people with mobility issues. The whole family will feel included weather they are participating or just watching the fun.
1/2 Day Horse Riding Tour For Children 6 Years and Over
Children aged 6 years and older usually have the skills to go on the ½ Day Horse Ride Tour.
This ½ Day Horse Ride Tour includes:
This ½ Day Horse Ride Tour includes:
- A safety briefing
- Then horsemanship training on how to behave near and move around your horse
- Finally we teach you how to get on and off and ride our horses
- After this, we have a short break (5-10mins)
- Then you will meet the horse selected for you
- You will mount up and practice your newly learned riding skills in the training yard.
- Then we go for a ride across the farm land (usually 1-1½ hours)
- Depending if we are doing a second ride or not ….. sometimes you groom and feed your horse but sometimes you just say goodbye to your horse as we take the horses out for another ride.
- The ½ Day Horse Ride tour usually lasts 4 hours in total
Customised Family Rides - Children Under 6 Years of Age
For families with children under 6 years of age (~ 4 - 5 years old) we offer a special "family ride” as the children under 6 years cannot go on the ½ Day Horse Ride Tour. This customised family ride must be pre-arranged and features:
- The program has the same safety instructions as the ½ Day Horse Ride Tour
- This Family Ride is shorter in duration as it is usually 30-40 minutes of riding but the entire activity still takes a few hours
- We ride out into the countryside, however we stay closer to the homestead in case a child wants to stop immediately
- The child under 6 years of age is led by one of the Myella team
- Sometimes the Myella team member walks beside the horse and sometimes they ride another horse (this depends on our assessment of the child’s ability)
Family Members Who Do Not Wish to Ride Horses
Family members who do not wish to ride or are over the 100kg weight limit. Below are some options to consider:
- You are welcome to attend the training session as it is very inclusive
- Go for a walk on some of our self-guided walking trails
- BYO bicycles & helmets and take a ride on our easy tracks
- Hang out with the animals
- Relax in the swimming pool or hammock
- Sit and soak up the fresh country air, listen to the birds. Lyn loves the sounds that the leaves make as they blow in the breeze