Kids will learn how to greet a horse safely and much more ...
Customised Family Rides - Children Under 6 Years of Age
For families with children under 6 years of age (~ 4 - 5 years old) we offer a special "Family Ride”. This customised family ride must be pre-arranged and features:
- The same safety instructions as the ½ Day Horse Ride Tour (see below)
- This "Family Ride" is shorter in duration as it is usually 30-40 minutes of riding but the entire activity still takes a few hours
- Although we ride out into the countryside, we stay closer to the homestead in case a child wants to stop immediately
- The child under 6 years of age is led by one of the Myella team either on
- Sometimes the Myella team member walks beside the horse and sometimes they ride another horse (this depends on our assessment of the child’s ability).
1/2 Day Horse Riding Tour For Children 6 Years and Over
Children aged 6 years and older usually have the skills to go on the ½ Day Horse Ride Tour which includes:
- A safety briefing
- Then horsemanship training on how to behave near and move around your horse
- Finally we teach you how to get on and off and ride our horses
- After this, we have a short break (5-10mins)
- Then you will meet the horse selected for you
- You will mount up and practice your newly learned riding skills in the training yard.
- Then we go for a ride across the farm land (usually 1-1½ hours)
- Depending if we are doing a second ride or not ….. sometimes you groom and feed your horse but sometimes you just say goodbye to your horse as we take the horses out for another ride.
- The ½ Day Horse Ride tour usually lasts 4 hours in total.